Welcome to Wesley-Knox!
Moving in the Spirit...
A diverse, welcoming, caring and active faith community
A place to learn, grow, build a relationship with God and make a difference in the world
Thank you for visiting our website. If you are a Wesley-Knox member looking for information, we hope you will find it here. If you are a visitor, we hope you will take time to look around and learn about our church. For additional information, please contact us, or better yet, visit us on a Sunday morning. You will receive a warm welcome!
Come this Sunday at 10:30 am!
We’re at 91 Askin Street in Old South London...
Click here for a map to Wesley-Knox
You will receive a warm welcome.
News and Events...
This Weekend at Wesley-Knox
• here. Then at 8 pm until midnight and beyond, it’s a Wesley-Knox Halloween Dance in support of the Building our Future Growth Campaign. Location: London Music Club, 470 Colborne Street, London. Cash bar, silent auction and live music by Pete Denomme and the Cosmic Cowboys. Full details in the poster here.Two important events this Saturday, October 22! On Saturday morning, it’s the Mamas to Mamas Little Big Sale of baby and children’s items featuring articles of clothing only $1 each. Full details in the poster
• This Sunday, October 23, at 10:30 am, come to Wesley-Knox 10:30 am for worship led by Rev. Tracy Crick-Butler and the Senior Choir. Service bulletin is available here. Immediately after, a short but special meeting for those who are ushers and greeters now—and new people who would like to serve Wesley-Knox in this way.
• Two special notes: The Fall-Thanksgiving KSC Newsletter is now available for distribution by our District Visitors. You can also read it online here. Sunday School Parents! The latest issue of the In the Loop newsletter has been e-mailed out. You can also read it here.
The Shine Program
Two Notes re our Children’s and Youth Choirs
• New! In the past, the cost of maintaining the Children’s and Youth Community Choir Program, about $7000 each year, has been borne almost totally by the people of Wesley-Knox. This year we are asking choir parents to donate, as they are able, $90, $60 or $30 per child per year to help the church maintain this program. All donations will be tax-deductible. Detailed information about the program can be found in the updated Children and Youth Community Choirs brochure available here.
• Also new! To suport our Children’s and Youth Community Choir Program, the choirs are now selling Rheo Thompson Mint Cocolate Smooties during choir rehearsals, after Sunday services, and throughout the week from the church office. Only $2.50 each, no tax. Always a wonderful treat and a great stocking stuffer for Christmas!
From our Building our Future Growth Campaign...
• Here’s a neat project from the Building our Future Growth Campaign team!
Imagine the Possibilities!
Wesley-Knox needs space at your place for this sign!
These are exciting times. Let’s invite your friends and neighbours to come and be a part of the excitement. The Membership Development team will be handing out flyers throughout the neighbourhood and at Gathering on the Green 2. But we want to do even more to let people know about the vital and committed community at Wesley-Knox. We will have small lawn signs and stakes for your place available at church on Sunday, September 4. Please consider taking a sign and sharing your pride and excitement in Wesley-Knox. There’s a buzz happening at Wesley-Knox!
For more on the Building our Future Growth Campaign, visit here.
Notes from All Over
• YouthQuest—“Growing the Light of God in each of us!” YouthQuest is a Sunday gathering in which high school age young people explore scripture and discuss how scripture might apply to their everyday lives. The group, led by Karen Pincombe, Glen Pearson and others, meets in the Chapel during the regular Sunday School time. All high school age young people are welcome!
here.• Our popular Seniors’ Connection program is continuing this fall. Join in the fun, usually Wednesdays at 1 pm, but sometimes at other times when a special speaker or trip has been planned. Check the left sidebar calendar or the Google calendar (soon to be updated) for latest information.• Friday Movie Nights are a fun way to spend a Friday evening. Movies are shown in the Centennial Parlour at 7:30 pm. Popcorn and soft drinks are free and there’s decaf and dessert after the movie. New Fall Schedule is now available
• Wesley-Knox rents space or otherwise shares its facilities with several non-church organizations. This fall, Wesley-Knox welcomes Fridge Door Live Theatre Company which will offer drama classes to young people on Saturday mornings, the Canadian Embroiderers’ Guild London which will offer classes and workshops at various times throughout the week, and the London 31st Scout Troop which will be meeting on Thursday evenings. They join two chapters of Narcotics Anonymous, Hopewind Yoga, the Thames Valley Quilters’ Guild and the Karen Schuessler Singers.
• here.Wesley-Knox United Church is proud to be the home venue of KSS, the Karen Schuessler Singers. (Karen, who directs this community choir, is also Director of Music at Wesley-Knox.) KSS recently announced its 2016–2017 lineup of concerts, all to be performed at Wesley-Knox: Saturday, November 19: Sublime Genius—Haydn’s Lord Nelson Mass with soloists and orchestra plus works by leading contemporary composers; Saturday, April 1: Love in a Canoe celebrating Canada at 150; Saturday, June 3: Tangerine Trees and Marmalade Skies—a tribute to the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper album on he 50th Anniversary of its release. Matinee of this concert Sunday, June 4. More information
• The Wesley-Knox Handbell Choir is looking for new talent. All you need is love if music and a willingness to learn. For more information, contact Cathie Banks, 519.471.2351, or e-mail her here.
Photographers’ Picks and Videofiles...
More photos of recent events on the Wesley-Knox Facebook page here.
Throughout the year, at almost every Wesley-Knox event, you’ll find Brian Dalton, John McFall and others taking photos. Often, sometimes within minutes, they are posted to a Wesley-Knox Facebook page. Photos are also archived on the Flickr website and, once each year, John McFall dives into the archive to produce a comprehensive and much-appreciated pictorial review for the Annual General Meeting. Here is John’s 2015 offering. Music is by our Wesley-Knox choirs. To view, click on the image below. You will be taken to a YouTube site. Choose full screen, turn up the sound and enjoy!
More videos on the new Wesley-Knox Videos page here.