Welcome to Wesley-Knox!
Moving in the Spirit...
A diverse, welcoming, caring and active faith community
A place to learn, grow, build a relationship with God and make a difference in the world
Thank you for visiting our website. If you are a Wesley-Knox member looking for information, we hope you will find it here. If you are a visitor, we hope you will take time to look around and learn about our church. For additional information, please contact us, or better yet, visit us on a Sunday morning. You will receive a warm welcome!
Come this Sunday at 10:30 am!
We’re at 91 Askin Street in Old South London...
Click here for a map to Wesley-Knox
You will receive a warm welcome.
News and Events...
This Weekend at Wesley-Knox
• This is Christmas in the Village weekend in Old South London. All shops open and decorated for Christmas. There are bazaars at both Wesley-Knox and Elmwood Avenue Presbyterian Church. Wesley-Knox kids will sing at the Lighting of the Tree ceremony in the early evening and, and at 8 pm on Saturday, it’s the annual Wesley-Knox Christmas Concert with Denise Pelley, Wesley-Knox choirs and band. See below for more information on the concert and the Wesley-Knox Christmas Bazaar.
• Advent has begun! Join us on Sunday, December 4 for worship led by Rev. Tracy Crick-Butler and the Senior Choir. Service bulletin is available here.
• Two special note. The Advent-Christmas KSC is still available for distribution to the congregation. It may also be read online here. Sunday School parents! If you did not receive an In the Loop newsletter by e-mail, please read it online here.
T he Holly and the Ivy Christmas Concert
• At 8 pm on Saturday, December 3, it’s the annual Wesley-Knox Christmas concert, this year named The Holly and the Ivy. Glorious traditional and gospel Christmas music with the Wesley-Knox Senior and Junior choirs, vocalist Denise Pelley, pianist Stephen Holowitz and band, all directed by Karen Schuessler. This wonderful concert—always new music—continues to attract audiences of 500 and more year after year. For many, it marks the start of the Christmas season. Tickets $20, students and seniors $15, children 6–12 only $5, at five locations listed on The Holly and the Ivy poster here.
Saturday, December 3 is date of Christmas in the Village (that would be Wortley Village), date of our Christmas concert described above, and also date of our UCW’s now annual Christmas Bazaar. Full details on the poster here.
Notes from All Over
here!• Great news! Our Syrian Family arrived safely on Thanksgiving Day weekend! They are grateful to be here and have been coming to Sunday worship regularly. More information on our special Our Syrian Family page
• New! To suport our Children’s and Youth Community Choir Program, the choirs are now selling Rheo Thompson Mint Cocolate Smooties during choir rehearsals, after Sunday services, and throughout the week from the church office. Only $2.50 each, no tax. Always a wonderful treat and a great stocking stuffer for Christmas!
• Friday Movie Nights are a fun way to spend a Friday evening. Movies are shown in the Centennial Parlour at 7:30 pm. Popcorn and soft drinks are free and there’s decaf and dessert after the movie. Winter Schedule available early in the New Year.
.• Our popular Seniors’ Connection program continues. Join in the fun, usually Wednesdays at 1 pm, but sometimes at other times when a special speaker or trip has been planned. Check the left sidebar calendar or the Google calendar for latest information.
Photographers’ Picks and Videofiles...
More photos of recent events on the Wesley-Knox Facebook page here.
Throughout the year, at almost every Wesley-Knox event, you’ll find Brian Dalton, Brian MscKinnon and John McFall and sometimes others taking photos. Often, within minutes, they are posted to a Wesley-Knox Facebook page. Photos are also archived on a Flickr website and, once each year, John McFall dives into this archive to produce a comprehensive and much-appreciated pictorial review for the Annual General Meeting. Here is John’s 2015 offering, music is by our Wesley-Knox choirs. To view, click on the image below and you will be taken to a YouTube site. Choose full screen, turn up the sound and enjoy!
More videos on the new Wesley-Knox Videos page here.