Welcome to Wesley-Knox!
Moving in the Spirit...
A diverse, welcoming, caring and active faith community
A place to learn, grow, build a relationship with God and make a difference in the world
Thank you for visiting our website. If you are a Wesley-Knox member looking for information, we hope you will find it here. If you are a visitor, we hope you will take time to look around and learn about our church. For additional information, please contact us, or better yet, visit us on a Sunday morning. You will receive a warm welcome!
Come this Sunday at 10:30 am!
We’re at 91 Askin Street in Old South London...
Click here for a Google map
You will receive a warm welcome.
News and Events...
This Weekend at Wesley-Knox
• This Sunday, September 24 at 10:30 am, join us for worship led by Rev. Tracy Crick-Butler and the Senior Choir. Service bulletin available here.
•At 2 pm on Sunday, September 24, Denise Pelley and Friends offer their Hope for Tomorrow concert in support of educating Ethiopian children. Admission at the door $25, children 12 and under $10.
• Production of the Fall-Thanksgiving KSC was delayed. It will be available on Friday, September 22.
• Advance notice! Next weekend, 7:30 pm on Saturday, September 30, Margaret Ryan and Friends present their Memories concert in support of the Wesley-Knox Growth Campaign. Full details in the concert poster available in PDF format here and in JPG format here.
W-K October Lecture Weekend...
Proposed New Governance Model
On May 17, the Wesley-Knox Official Board accepted a report to reform the Governance Model of Wesley-Knox as a pilot project for 2017. Copies of the report are available on the table at the back of the church sanctuary, in the church office, and online below. Here are some of the highlights:
• The current structure of ”Council and Official Board“ will be phased out. A transition team will lead the congregation through this process.
• A nine-member leadership team plus the Minister, will replace the current Board and Council structure.
• The number of Standing Committees will be reduced from eleven to six.
• The six Committees will play an expanded role in the “day-to-day activities” of our church.
• As a church member or adherent, you will have an opportunity to take an active role in the work of the six committees. May God lead you in this direction...
Prepare yourself for a “Lunch and Learn” meeting after church on Sunday, October 15. This “Lunch and Learn” will be part of the regular communication that will be coming from the transition team to ensure that you understand the governance model and the process by which it will be implemented.—Cathy Grasby, chair, Council and Official Board
Notes from All Over
• Congratulations to Kennedy Kimber-Johnson and Owen Spicer who were each awarded a $250 Spirit Organ Scholarship to assist them in their ongoing studies. The two scholarships were provided by the Wesley-Knox Senior Choir.
• Wesley-Knox is sponsoring a family from Syria. They all arrived safely a year ago last Thanksgiving Day weekend! They are grateful to be here and come to Sunday worship regularly. More information on the Syrian Family page here.
• Kevin White’s Bread not Stones song continues to be available on YouTube. Listen to it here! Also, if you are a subscriber to Rogers Cablevision, check out the channel 13 the program guide for an excellent 30-minute Dishing with Donald segment about the Bread not Stones initiative. Also look for a 30-minute Dishing segment about our Wesley-Knox Director of Music, Karen Schuessler, and the Karen Schuessler Singers, this year celebrating its 25th Anniversary Season!
• Christmas is coming! Cathie Banks advises that there is lots of wool at the back of the sanctuary. Knitters! Please take wool home and do your magic! Knitted articles can be left on the large table at the back of the sanctuary.
Photographers’ Picks and Videofiles...
Wesley-Knox was front and centre at the Sunday, July 30 London Pride Parade.
More photos of this event and other recent events on the Wesley-Knox Facebook page here.
Throughout the year, at almost every Wesley-Knox event, you’ll find Brian Dalton, Brian Mackinnon, John McFall and sometimes others taking photos. Often, within minutes, they are posted to a Wesley-Knox Facebook page. The photos are also archived on Flickr and, once a year, John McFall dives into this vast archive to produce a comprehensive and much-appreciated pictorial review for the Annual General Meeting. Here is John’s 2016 Pictorial Review, music is by our Wesley-Knox choirs. To view, click on the image below. You will be taken to a YouTube site. Choose full screen, turn up the sound and enjoy!