February 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Days and Time: Alternate Wednesdays 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Start Date: Wednesday January 22, 2020
Finish Date: Wednesday April 29, 2020
Location: Wesley-Knox Chapel
Purpose: To invite members and non-members into the Wesley-Knox community of faith for a time of openly sharing our faith through prayers mid-week to keep momentum going and to keep hope alive in an open, non-judgmental format. Share your own written prayer, read one aloud, bring a prayer, spirit-spoken prayers from the heart.
- Lighting of candle
- Opening prayer and words of welcome
- The speaker or one praying aloud will hold the feather while others listen
- Allowing 10-15 time frame for each of : Prayers for the World (the larger picture), Prayers for Self and Others, Prayers for Our Church and the Church
- 2 minutes for silent prayers
- Discussion, requests, suggestions (group leader takes notes of requests for next time)
- Special requests for prayers during the week
- Group closing prayer and extinguishing of candle
- Availability of resources (i.e.) a prayer to take home or a recommended book to read
- Possibility of a prayer tree whereby people place a prayer request on a prayer tree and one attending the group takes a prayer request, reads the prayer aloud in the group on behalf of the one not in attendance