Wesley-Knox has a large number of active groups and committees that help Wesley-Knox operate as well as provide opportunities to get involved in outreach, community events, social justice and to meet other like-minded individuals!
For more information about each individual group, click on the links below!
Governance and Constitution
The Wesley-Knox Constitution (2019) can be found here. This document outlines the Constitution for Wesley-Knox United Church, a Community of Faith within the United Church of Canada.
The Wesley-Knox Congregation is governed by the Leadership Council supported by the Board of Trustees and a structure of Standing Committees.
COMMITTEE REPORTS can be viewed on our members-only page here. If you require the password, please email email@example.com
Committees at Wesley-Knox
Wesley-Knox currently has the following active committees:
- Leadership Council
- Ministry and Personnel (M&P)
- Reaching Out
- Resources and Renewal
- Spiritual Life
- Inclusivity and Affirming
- Board of Trustees
- United Church Women (UCW)
- Faith Formation
United Church Women
As United Church Women—Christian women of faith—we believe in nurturing spirituality by reaching out with devotion and commitment to all of God’s people; in promoting truth, justice, peace, caring, and sharing with respect for all in the community and wider world; in loving God and others by living generously and giving joyfully; and in affirming and strengthening ourselves creatively in study and witness through music, laughter, and solitude.
Normally, our regular UCW meetings are held in the Centennial Parlour. All women are invited to take part. Meeting times are:
- Unit 1: First Monday of each month, 7-9pm
- Unit 4: Second Tuesday of each month, 2-4pm
UCW Upcoming Events and Newsletters
Reaching Out and Outreach
The focus of our committee is to “reach out to God’s world” by communicating the work of our Church to the congregation and the broader community and by showing leadership in relation to outreach activities.
Wesley-Knox engages in many forms of outreach. Our outreach initiatives include:
- Food drives for the London Food Bank
- Community Pollinator garden and herb box
- Hosted BBQ for Indwell Supportive Housing residents
- Clothing/sock collection for 519 Pursuit
- Coldest Night of the Year Walk
- Project Hope – hot meal program – volunteers prepare protein rich hot meals every Tuesday for distribution by the Project Hope organization
- Dundas Centre Bagged lunch program – a volunteer group prepares nutritious bagged lunches every 5 weeks in the Dundas Centre United Church Kitchen
- Battery recycling and education updates re general Environmental issues including yearly Environmental Sunday service
- Supporting the work of Canadian Aid for Southern Sudan (CASS).
- Loonies for Lent- 2023 collection for Turkiye/Syrian Earthquake survivors
- Mission and Service Fund of the United Church of Canada
- Selected other charities including Mission and Services of London, My Sister’s Place, London Food Bank, Fundraising initiatives for sponsorship of Afghan family lead by First St Andrews United church.
Inclusivity and Affirm
Updated September 2023
On May 7, 2023 the congregation voted UNANIMOUSLY to become an Affirming Ministry! Join us on Sunday October 15th for our Service of Celebration.
Wesley-Knox Affirming Vision Statement
Wesley-Knox United Church proclaims to be an affirming community of faith where all people feel welcomed and included regardless of age, differing abilities, economic circumstance, ethnic background, gender, gender identity, physical or mental health, family composition, race, or sexual orientation. All are welcomed to fully participate in the worship and ministry of Wesley-Knox.
From the United Church of Canada’s faith statement, A Song of Faith, “we recognize all people as kin” and that “all creation is good”. In following the ministry of Jesus, we are publicly committed to continuing the work of justice and inclusion for all.
“Affirming Ministries are congregations, presbyteries, Conferences, educational institutions, and other ministries within the United Church that publically declare their commitment to inclusion and justice for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Although Affirming Ministries make an explicit statement about issues of sexuality and gender, their commitment to justice is far broader. They continually grow and change as they seek to live more fully into God’s way of welcome, love, and justice for all creation.”
- Affirm United (Website)
- A Timeline of LGBTQIA2S Justice in the United Church of Canada (originally published in Mandate Magazine)
- Working Towards Becoming an Anti-Racist Denomination (published by the United Church of Canada)
- Sorry. Why Our Church Apologized (published by the United Church of Canada)
- What Does the Bible Really Say About Homosexuality? (published by Lynn Valley United Church)
- Ruth’s Story (Video)