Wesley-Knox engages in many forms of outreach. Our outreach programs include:
- Food drives for the London Food Bank
- Community Garden Program (Still a work in progress but slowly growing!)
- Community Breakfast Program (2nd Saturday of every month September-June)
- Out of the Cold Dinner Program (4th Sunday of every month)
- Electronic Recycling days
- Children and Youth Community Choir Program
- Supporting the work of Canadian Aid for Southern Sudan (CASS). See below
- Sponsoring a Syrian Family to come to Canada.
- Loonies for Lent
- Mission and Service Fund of the United Church of Canada
- Youth Group Outreach
- Selected other charities including Mission and Services of London, My Sister’s Place, London Food Bank, London Community Chaplaincy and East London Community Outreach (ELUCO)
Canadian Aid for Southern Sudan (CASS)
Wesley-Knox supports the work of Canadian Aid for Southern Sudan (CASS). Glen Pearson and Jane Roy, co-founders of CASS, are members of Wesley-Knox. They have helped educate both the congregation and others across Canada about the plight of the South Sudanese people. Among CASS’s successes: helping to eliminate slavery and use of child soldiers, assisting victims of land mines, digging wells, helping to establish goat herds and small businesses, and building a school. Wesley-Knox has supported CASS for many years by providing a venue for its fundraising concerts and by fundraising within the congregation. Several members of our congregation have also gone on their annual mission trip to South Sudan. For more information about the important work of CASS, visit their website here.