July 2, 2019: Pastoral Coverage in September
Leadership Council has accepted the services of Glen Pearson and Tom Hiscock to provide pastoral coverage following Rev Tracy’s departure. Glen will deliver the message on Sunday mornings and Tom will act as worship leader. This arrangement will be in place while we work with Regional Council to make further plans for the future. There are still details to be worked out with Tom’s arrangement that are to be finalized in the near future. This arrangement allows the search for a permanent Minister to move forward in a thoughtful and comprehensive manner. Congregational input will be a key element of the process.
June 13, 2019: Search for a new Minister
The team has met a couple of times and is hard at work developing a community of faith profile. This profile is the first step of the pastoral relations process. The profile tells the story of Wesley-Knox. We hope to have something for you to review before the summer holidays take you to cottages by the lake or jaunting across the continent. Feel free to approach us – we want to hear from you!
Members of the Team:
- Dave Cooper
- Jen Paterson
- Brad Prentice
- Jacob Horack
- Alex Walker
- Ron Olson
- Sheila Carson
- David Knoppert
- Tony Haworth
May 16, 2019: Leadership Council has received word that the new Constitution was approved by the Regional Council. Blessings was extended to Wesley-Knox.
Outcomes from the April 28 Congregational Meeting
- The Community of Faith Presentation is available here
- The final version of the Constitution is available here.
Our New Governance Structure
On Sunday, November 5, Wesley-Knox voted to adopt the much-discussed report that has now reformed the Governance Model of our church. Some of the highlights:
- The previous structure of ”Council and Official Board“ is now phased out.
- A nine-member Leadership Council plus the Minister, has replaced the previous Board and Council structure.
- The number of Standing Committees has been reduced from eleven to six.
- The six Committees now play an expanded role in the “day-to-day activities” of our church.
- The new structure took effect on February 11—date of the 2018 Annual General Meeting of the Congregation—and is being given a one-year trial.
On February 11, the nine members of the new Leadership Council and the chairs of the six Standing Committees (plus Trustees and UCW reps) were affirmed. To see who they are, please click here and here. A copy of the Wesley-Knox Working Constitution reflecting the many changes brought about by this new governance structure may be read here. Cathy Grasby, chair of our new Leadership Council, may be contacted here.