September 21, 2019
The Spiritual Life Committee has engaged Glen Pearson and other guest speakers to provide thoughtful and inspiring sermons to the Wesley-Knox community. We are most blessed that many individuals have stepped forward to offer leadership during this transformative period. The love for Wesley-Knox and Jesus Christ has been demonstrated in so many acts – large and small. Leadership Council continues to work with Regional Council to engage Rev Tom Hiscock as worship leader. Our long term strategy is to define the pastoral leadership for Wesley-Knox and search for a permanent Minister.
September 7, 2019
We are looking for congregational input in order to aid in the continued search for a new minister. There is an online survey that we would like you to fill out. It can be found here. The deadline for filling out this survey is Monday September 30.
July 2, 2019: Pastoral Coverage in September
Leadership Council has accepted the services of Glen Pearson to provide pastoral coverage following Rev Tracy’s departure. Glen will deliver the message on Sunday mornings. This arrangement will be in place while we work with Regional Council to make further plans for the future. his arrangement allows the search for a permanent Minister to move forward in a thoughtful and comprehensive manner. Congregational input will be a key element of the process.
June 13, 2019: Search for a New Minister
The team has met a couple of times and is hard at work developing a community of faith profile. This profile is the first step of the pastoral relations process. The profile tells the story of Wesley-Knox. We hope to have something for you to review before the summer holidays take you to cottages by the lake or jaunting across the continent. Feel free to approach us – we want to hear from you!
Members of the Team
- Dave Cooper
- Jen Paterson
- Brad Prentice
- Jacob Horack
- Alex Walker
- Ron Olson
- Sheila Carson
- David Knoppert
- Tony Haworth
May 16, 2019: Leadership Council has received word that the new Constitution had been approved by the Regional Council. Blessings were extended to Wesley-Knox.
Outcomes from the April 28 Congregational Meeting
- The Community of Faith presentation is available here
- The final version of the Constitution is available here.
Our New Governance Structure
On Sunday, November 5, Wesley-Knox voted to adopt the much-discussed report that reformed the Governance Model of our church. Some of the highlights:
- The previous structure of ”Council and Official Board“ is now phased out.
- A nine-member Leadership Council plus the Minister, has replaced the previous Board and Council structure.
- The number of Standing Committees has been reduced from eleven to six.
- The six Committees now play an expanded role in the “day-to-day activities” of our church.
- The new structure took effect on February 11—date of the 2018 Annual General Meeting of the Congregation—and is being given a one-year trial